GILEAD TOWNSHIP, MI - An electrical issue in a laundry room is believed to have started a Friday night house fire north of Orland in Branch County.
The Bronson Fire Department was notified of a house fire located at 940 Gilead Lake Road just before 8:00 p.m. Fire Chief Scott Wilber says crews arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves of a large two-story farmhouse.
The family was home when the flames broke out and was able to escape without injury.
Fire departments from Lakeland, Orland, Fremont, Mongo, and Burr Oak provided mutual aid. Wilber says nine water tankers were used to deliver over 80,000 gallons of water to the scene.
Firefighters were on the scene for over four hours. No injuries were reported.
Damages are estimated at $90,000 to the structure and $20,000 to the contents of the home.
(02-24-2021) Bronson Jr/Sr High School Placed On Lockdown
(02-24-2021) Trine University 30th Annual MLK Celebration
(02-24-2021) Defiance County Bridge Replace Set to Begin
(02-24-2021) Demolition Begins to Make Way for New Business in Bryan
(02-24-2021) Snowmobile Accident at Hamilton Lake
(02-23-2021) Gas Prices Continue to Climb
(02-23-2021) Indiana House Approved a Proposal Dealing with Abortion
(02-23-2021) Indiana Closer to Passing Lawful Carry Gun Bill
(02-23-2021) No Injuries In White Pigeon School Bus Crash
(02-23-2021) Authorities Say Runaway Juvenile Returned Home
(02-23-2021) Chatfield Resigns As CEO Of Southwest Michigan First
(02-23-2021) Univertical Improvements
(02-22-2021) Phone Fraud Reported In Branch County
(02-22-2021) Elkhart Man Dies In Multiple Snowmobile Crash