MIDDLEBURY – Shipshewana firefighters helped put out a barn fire near Middlebury Friday morning.
The hog barn on County Road 43 owned by Marlin Bontrager caught fire around 11 a-m. A spark from a welder being used to repair a gate caught some nearby hay on fire, which spread between the ceiling and the roof.
It took about 45 minutes for crews from six departments to bring the fire under control.
No one was injured and no livestock were lost.
(06-01-2020) Bronson High School Graduation Ceremony Scheduled
(06-01-2020) Mail-In Ballots An Increased Focus This Primary Election Day
(06-01-2020) Trusty honored with Jannen Renaissance Scholar Award
(06-01-2020) Northeast Indiana Has 196 New Cases Of Coronavirus
(06-01-2020) Southern Michigan Has 19 New COVID-19 Cases
(06-01-2020) Peaceful Protest Held In Sturgis
(06-01-2020) No Injuries Reported In Branch County Crash
(06-01-2020) Michigan SOS Offices Opening Monday By Appointment
(06-01-2020) Glick Says COVID-19 Has Hindered Campaign
(06-01-2020) Montpelier Bean Days Balloon Festival Called Off
(06-01-2020) Bryan Jubilee Canceled; Day in the Park Fireworks Still On
(06-01-2020) Northwest State Community College Sets Re-open Plans
(06-01-2020) Downtown Angola Protest Remains Peaceful Sunday
(06-01-2020) Indiana Officials Considering Request To Raise Utility Bills
(06-01-2020) Several Arrets Made In Weekend Fort Wayne Protests
(06-01-2020) Bronson City Pharmacy Opening Today
(06-01-2020) LaGrange County Fair Will Happen In 2020
(06-01-2020) April Unemployment Rates Up Around SW Michigan