goingon
Spark From a Welder Causes Barn Fire on Friday
Saturday, November 30, 2019

MIDDLEBURY – Shipshewana firefighters helped put out a barn fire near Middlebury Friday morning.

The hog barn on County Road 43 owned by Marlin Bontrager caught fire around 11 a-m. A spark from a welder being used to repair a gate caught some nearby hay on fire, which spread between the ceiling and the roof.

It took about 45 minutes for crews from six departments to bring the fire under control.

No one was injured and no livestock were lost.



MORE HEADLINES