An unattended candle is said to be the cause of a fire in a duplex Monday evening.
All occupants escaped safely without injury from the house at 604 East 9th Street in Auburn. The Auburn Fire Department was called at 6:34 p.m. with a report of smoke coming from the home. Firefighters arrived at 6:38 p.m. to find heavy smoke coming from the front door of the house and once they entered, responders discovered a fire in the living room and quickly extinguished it.
Fire had extended into the ceiling and a portion of the roof. Firefighters declared the fire to be under control at 6:52 p.m., and then returned to their stations at 8:38 p.m.
The Garrett Fire Department, Parkview DeKalb EMS, and Auburn Police assisted at the scene. The Butler Fire Department stood watch at Auburn Fire Station 1.
(12-07-2019) An Iconic Steuben County Contractor Has Passed Away
(12-06-2019) Finalists Named In Bronson Superintendent Search
(12-06-2019) Royer Case Moving To Circuit Court
(12-06-2019) Noble County Prosecutor Responds to Officer Related Shooting
(12-06-2019) West Noble Schools Receive Primary Grant From State
(12-06-2019) Marijuana Arrest Made In Howe Wednesday
(12-06-2019) Furth Gift Brings Many Upgrades To FSOE
(12-06-2019) Branch County To Keep Extra Road Patrol In 2020
(12-06-2019) Indiana GOP Leaders Push Back From Education Rally
(12-06-2019) Northeast Indiana Company Makes Major Announcement
(12-05-2019) New Abortion Legislation On The Table Within State of Ohio
(12-05-2019) Delta Man Sentenced For Cocaine Possession
(12-05-2019) Vehicle Stolen At Gunpoint In Sturgis Wednesday
(12-05-2019) Fatal Crash In Defiance County Wednesday
(12-05-2019) Christmas Activities This Weekend In LaGrange
(12-05-2019) Kendallville Fire Chief Retires
(12-05-2019) Garrett Mayor Now A Full-Time Position