A $2.8-million grant has been awarded to dispatch centers across the Hoosier State to enhance 911 equipment across Indiana. The funds derive from the 911 Grant Program, provided by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The grant itself will be split among 29 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) within the Hoosier State, and awarded funds will go toward several different projects. One of the main goals support the transition of PSAPs and their interconnecting 911 network and core services.
The grant itself is also a 60/40 match, where PSAPs will be required to pay 40% of their project cost while the other 60% is covered by the grant funding.
Across the tri-state region, it was noted that LaGrange County 911 would be the only recipient of funds allocated.
(08-22-2019) New Charges Listed Against Williams County Sheriff
(08-22-2019) New School Safety Center Coming To Ohio
(08-22-2019) Nestle Making Cuts At Fort Wayne Ice Cream Facility
(08-22-2019) Meeting Scheduled For Steuben County Board of Comissioners
(08-22-2019) Rush Remains Chief Justice In Hoosier State
(08-22-2019) Deer Hunt Application Deadline Approaching In Indiana
(08-22-2019) Sobriety Checkpoint for Stueben County
(08-21-2019) Indiana Chief Justice Decision Coming Today
(08-21-2019) Car Enthusiasts Set To Take Over DeKalb County
(08-21-2019) Lead Abatement Program Moves Forward In Ohio
(08-21-2019) Defiance Man Involved In Police Pursuit Gets 10 Years
(08-21-2019) North Manchester Woman Dies In Wabash County Accident Monday
(08-21-2019) Trine Names New Chairs, Director For Fall Semester
(08-21-2019) Man Struck And Killed On I-69 In Branch County
(08-20-2019) Popular West Noble Teacher On Life Support After Crash
(08-20-2019) Hoosier State Prepares For Next Census
(08-20-2019) Amanda Lee Coffee Hosting Fundraiser This Weekend